Just a quick recap of the work done in the final workshop for last week. There were not a lot of people around with groups climbing into holiday mode and illness going around. Which was good as I was able to really did into the PHP and hog Artuo's time in this session to get our Login system set up and working.
| Unstyled Log In Fun |
While it looks terrible at the moment all the elements from our original site are ready to be put into place. I was testing this PHP experiment in a separate folder to ensure that I did not cause any issues with the gitHub repository or anyone else's work so it has no style sheet attached to it.
| Please Register |
A page that I had forgotten about, users will need to actually sign up. So we will have to do a bit of work styling this page as it is a new addition compared to the paper prototype. We also allocated jobs during this workshop session so I am confident that the team will be able to achieve another round of testing with a hi fidelity prototype after the break.
| Database Entries |
The fruits of today's labor. It is a small step in the right direction, but I am definitely starting to feel more confident not only with the PHP code syntax but how to spot errors. We looked today at the error log and how to print PHP errors to the screen to help with the debugging process and this will be invaluable as I try to load more data into the system over the break and convert more pages from straight HTML to PHP.
While there is no class next week, it definitely does not mean an end to the work and I am hopeful to have the PHP code finished by the end of mid-term break so that we can focus on additional aspects of the concept in the future weeks as well as adding polish.
While there is no class next week, it definitely does not mean an end to the work and I am hopeful to have the PHP code finished by the end of mid-term break so that we can focus on additional aspects of the concept in the future weeks as well as adding polish.
No comments:
Post a Comment