Collectively the group decided last week that with a number of other more pressing assessment pieces (I'm looking at you Digital Prototyping) and the demonstration deadline far enough away off we could take a breather and step back from our studio project for the week.
Step forward into this week and I was still hitting a brick wall on the Trove API call. All the other APIs had been configured correctly, or enough to know that they were sending and receiving data (without necessarily manipulating it). The never ending pain came in the form of a console error with the very uninformative, no 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present.
| The Error that plagued my Existence |
The only problem now was that I had up until this point been writing only in vanilla JavaScript and had not really familiarized myself with the JQuery notation (Sorry DECO7140 two notations and Python syntax at the same time was not going to happen). So of course it was time to hit up the academy
| Thanks Code Academy |
In a round about kind of way its good that this is making me learn JQuery, because it is definitely a useful library and a skill that I will need to have in the real world. Its just a shame it took hours and hours and hours to realize that it was a necessity for this project.
No comments:
Post a Comment